Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The GEMS will Dazzle in New York City

My scrapbook friends and I (the GEMS) have been trying to spend a week in New York City for the past 5 years.  However, between the eight of us, we have had weddings, graduations, and births that have not permitted us to take this trip.  But this year, there was nothing standing in our way.  So months ago, we started to make plans for our "dream trip."  I have been to New York City numerous times and given the fact that our middle daughter, Alyssa, lived there for two years, I have become familiar with the city.  Therefore the task of planning our trip fell on my shoulders. I knew that we wanted to stay in the heart of the city and have breakfast provided.  After much research I found a wonderful hotel located in Times Square just steps away from the Theater District and the major subway hub in the city.  Only 3 of us have been to NYC so it will be an experience for the other 5.  As the official "tour guide" I have included all the major tourist attractions and some off-beat ones in our agenda.  Last summer I saw Wicked so we decided to see The Lion King on Broadway this summer.  In less than five weeks, I will be sharing a once in a lifetime trip with a group of my oldest and dearest friends.   Watch out New York, here we come!


Source

1 comment: