Saturday, January 4, 2014

Christmas: Part 2

Our family celebrates Christmas three separate times during the holiday season.  The first one is with Kevin's family as highlighted in my previous blog post: Part 1. The pictures below are from our second celebration on Christmas Eve. 

Stuffed Santa from my childhood that is well 
over 50 years old
Festive dinner table
Seating for 8 but we need 12 so...
An intimate table for 4
Centerpiece designed by Brooke with a vintage silver basket from my childhood
Presents from Santa
Alyssa and her cat Dorian
Brooke and Jake sporting their matching IU fleece
My brother and his wife receive a hand carved US Air Force plaque from Africa
My brother, a die hard Indianapolis Colt's fan
Books for the avid reader
Brooke and Jake
My sister, Tim, my brother, Kym, Pam (my sister-in-law)
My sister, me, my brother

Christmas morning we celebrated our third Christmas within two days. Traditionally on Christmas morning I fix a breakfast  of cinnamon rolls, but this year I tried something a little different.  Instead of just cinnamon rolls, I made cinnamon roll french toast casserole along with a hash brown, egg and sausage bake. 

Breakfast served with a side of fresh fruit
Our third round of gifts
Playstation 3
Hand carved twin giraffes from Africa
Kevin wearing his new Purdue fleece
Knit beanie from Switzerland
Marine Corp proud
My new Macbook Air!
The aftermath of Christmas #3
And of course no visit is complete without a picture of my favorite "granddoggie" Kali! She loves to be held like a baby.

Another holiday season is over and we have so much to be thankful for.  It's not about the presents, but it's about the time spent with family sharing memories and making new ones.


4 comments:

  1. Your table looked amazing, so nice. I wish I had the motivation to do things like that - I was just happy to get dinner on the table before 7 pm :)

    Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. Hope the new year is good to you, we will have to try to get together sometime after I return from Disney :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! When my girls were little my table was nowhere near this nice. It was all about feeding the family and who cares what the table looked like. Have a great time in Disney! It's such a wonderful place to run a race. They do everything right. Can't wait to hear all about it. We will definitely have to get together when you get back home. Enjoy the time away from the cold and snow! Good luck and most importantly have fun!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! I am so glad you had a great Christmas! How do you like the MacBook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love my new MacBook! We are getting them at school along with the new iPad Air to use with our students so I have been trying to learn all I can so i don't feel like a dummy. Hope you had a great Christmas too.

      Delete