Monday, January 13, 2014

Pittsburgh Half Marathon

The first weekend in May, I will be joining my sister as we travel back to our childhood home to run the Pittsburgh Half Marathon. This is a race that I have always wanted to do, but didn't want to make the drive alone.  My sister ran the half last year with one of our childhood friends who still lives in Pittsburgh. She will be joining us this year as well and needless to say, I am very excited. The course runs through many areas of the city that we would visit as kids. 


The title Runner of Steel is the result of crossing the five different bridges and all three rivers at least once.  Although this honor is bestowed upon the marathon participants, I feel that all runners running this race will walk away claiming this title just for tackling the many hills that Pittsburgh has to offer.
Pittsburgh, my hometown. Home of bridges, three rivers, and many hills!

Elevation layout of the course. Looks like some killer hills!

Pittsburgh at night

Looks like I better do some hill workouts before May if I want to earn the title, Runner of Steel!



2 comments: